Thursday April 14 at the Delta Performing Arts Center, the Delta Area Chamber of Commerce presented The Small Business Conference and Expo and was made available to everyone for FREE thanks to the partnership of Region 10 and Bank of Colorado. This Conference and Expo was set up and designed to be a support to our local business owners by discussing relevant and common subjects among each other. The night began with our Key Note Speaker, Debbie Blanchard owner of D'Medici, Hypoxia, and Warehouse Clearance in Montrose, who spoke on 'Changing and Adapting to Your Market'. Debbie was followed by a Platform Set-Up with Debbie Blanchard, Vince Fandel (from Region 10 Economic Assistance & Planning Small Business Resource Center), Chris Cox (from Bank of Colorado), and Christy Eller. We asked each representative 2 questions that are pertinent to our area, market and economy. Each representative had 2 minutes to answer their questions. After the Platform Set-Up, we allowed the people who came to approach and ask any of their own questions to whomever they liked.
The following experts available for Q&A were:
Vince Fandel with Region 10 Economic Assistance & Planning Small Business Resource Center
Chris Cox with Bank of Colorado for business banking
Lucinda Stanley of Grand Mesa Commercial Real Estate and Christy Eller for Social Media Marketing and Website Design
About Debbie Blanchard:
Debbie Blanchard has owned and operated her own retail businesses for over 38 years, the latest 4 years have been based out of Montrose. Moving to the United States from Canada with intentions of opening a new business, put her under strict scrutiny of her business plan and preparation prior to being able to move. This gave Blanchard an opportunity to be very specific and definite on her choices for a new retail business.
Currently owning 3 successful businesses in the Montrose, the first of which was opened 4 years ago, D’Medici, followed by Hypoxia and Warehouse Clearance, Blanchard has made a big impact of quality and business standards in the area. She has tested and experimented to fine tune what and how she offers products to her customers. This has given Montrose a new adverse business to it’s retail field. Debbie has a hands-on managing style that gives her a front row seat to knowing, hearing, and asking what her customers want and need.
Each of Debbie Blanchard’s businesses has a uniqueness to not only their products but a one-of-a-kind options in which they can be viewed and purchased. She is truly an expert in retail and we can all learn from her experience.
About Lucinda Stanley:
Lucinda Stanley, CCIM, is the Broker for Grand Mesa Commercial Real Estate where she specializes in commercial sales and leasing, land sales, dispositions, commercial investments, medical office, business sales and consultation. Since starting her business in 2011, her emphasis has been on business development, business and real estate sales, consulting on business plans, business strategies and marketing.
With her extensive background in economic development, marketing and sales, Lucinda made it her goal to assist Delta County in implementing a marketing campaign that links all six communities together in a portal website to include the incredible lifestyle, friendly business environment along with the favorable tourism activities that surround our county. Go to: www.westerncoloradoliving.com This is phase one of the marketing campaign with future plans on attracting suitable industries for the county as well as affordable housing.
Business wise, Lucinda was the Broker/Developer for SAXA, Inc.’s Las Vegas office with over 16 real estate agents and staff for over 5 years handling all aspects of brokerage, recruiting, training, sales, leasing and developing 9 office condominium projects, land sales and conversions. In 2007 she relocated to Colorado and started her commute to Dallas, TX to sell out the remaining 150,000 sq.ft. of condos, then on to Denver to sell out the remaining 92,000 sq.ft. of condos and a fitness center which she managed while it was for sale.
Go to: www.grandmesacommercial.com for more information on Lucinda’s business experience, listings and completed projects.
- Recipient of the Delta Area Chamber of Commerce’s Business of the Year award in March, 2016
- Recipient of the “Rising Star” award in 2006 from the Las Vegas Business Press
- Recipient of the “Most Influential Woman in Real Estate” award from In Business Magazine in 2006
- Recipient of the “Gregg Corlyn’s Most Outstanding Member” award from the CCIM Chapter in 2006
- Finalist for the Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce’s Community Achievement Awards in Real Estate Development in 2003.
- Past president (2 times) for IREM (Institute for Real Estate Management) and held the prestigious Certified Property Manager (CPM) designation, past president for CCIM Southern Nevada in 2003, CCIM Institute’s Regional Vice President in 2004, CCIM Institute’s Regional Vice President Committee Chairperson in 2006.
- Other community involvement includes: past Chairperson for Nevada Development Association’s (NDA) Executive Membership Committee (5 years), past NDA Trustee, past Chairperson and founder of the Las Vegas Chamber’s Women of Achievement Awards, past Director for the Women’s Council for the Las Vegas Chamber, former Director of the Clark County School District’s Partnership Advisory Council. Most noted achievement was the founding and chair of the CCIM Wine Tasting and Silent Auction Committee which raised over $125,000 in proceeds during the first 10 years with proceeds going to various scholarship and school funding projects.
About Christy Eller:
I have worked in the technology field since 1999, co-owning the Internet Service Paonia.com, starting way back in the dial-up days and transitioning it into a successful broadband wireless network. I did some web design for our hosting clients, and once I built my first website with WordPress, I was hooked.
Website design became the focus of my freelance business, Wired Right Web Design, after we sold the ISP to SkyBeam in 2008. I specialize in custom WordPress websites and currently have 2 employees. It’s a business model that is well suited to Delta County, and has been growing exponentially in the last 4 years. My business is located in Paonia, but serves anyone, anywhere. I’ve been fortunate to have built websites for many local businesses and individuals such as Town of Paonia, KVNF Radio, Elisabethan, Paradise Theater, Western Colorado Community Foundation, Montrose Community Foundation, North Fork Creative Coalition, and many more inside and outside of Colorado.
I love Delta County fiercely and have a keen desire to use my skills to support economic growth here, so I am honored to be able to share the knowledge I’ve gained about social media marketing with you.